CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 20, 2009

    「Media」は何ですか?

    Media. It means so many things! Like "McDonalds" or "Imogen Heap" or "Harry Potter" or even "Chowder." Media is advertisements to articles, books to magazines, you get the idea. To me, media is something we process, something that influences us. It tells us what to eat, what to do, what not to do. If the news say we can't eat chips anymore because they lie and say it'll kill us (which eventually they will, if you only eat that for the rest of your life) then we won't eat chips anymore. Media is bigger than us, even if it is just a picture or sound. As humans, we tend to think and reason with ourselves, using media as evidence to fight for one thing or the other thing that we want to do. It manipulates us. What we wear is media, what we eat is media, what we live in is media. All of it. Pictures after the jump.

    2 people say...:

    Bianca said...

    media is also mostly like a a part of our world. It's stuck with us forever, just imagine a world without media ! whhooaaa snaap.

    what we see is media ! :D

    K. Flewelling said...

    That mini-can is SO incredibly cute.

    I still don't exactly get... What IS media? But I think you're right; whatever it is, it's everywhere.