CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 28, 2009

    Happy 101th Post! now a reading journal...

    Well, Happy 100th post! Too bad it's a reading journal. Oh, well. I'll make it up somehow. So the book I'm reading right now is The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket. The sixth book in A Series of Unfortunate Events. One of the pieces of the reading that I enjoyed was:

    "Waiting rooms, as I'm sure you know, are small rooms with plenty of chairs fo waiting, as well as odd, dull magazines to read and some vapid paintings-the word "vapid" here means "usually containing horses in a field or puppies in a basket"-while you endure the boredom that doctors and dentists inflict on their patients before bringing them in to poke them and prod them and do all the miserable things that such people are paid to do." More...Now this of course has nothing to do with what was going on other than the fact that the Baudelaire siblings wanted a waiting room to sit in so that they wouldn't have to endure waiting through the blazing heat for their tongs to finished heating up to white-hot. Well my question is this. What if there was a painting of a beach? Or the chairs were all armchairs with cup holders? And the magazines are all new, and exciting? Would it be some sort of alternate universe for a waiting room? Well, whatever. I like Snicket's little random rants in the middle of the reading, just to explain something with a faulty explanation. I think that it influences my writing style a bit, because when I write, it ends up being a tangent like this.

    1 people say...:

    Bianca said...

    i like rants, i haven't read the book but I've seen the movie and it is pretty random they live on the beach well in the air sorta kinda .


    YARAPA !