CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, November 16, 2008

    Wreck This Journal

    For my reading journal this week, I chose to do Wreck This Journal by, again, Keri Smith. In fact, I just got the book Friday night, at the Borders in Plaza Bonita. You might think, "How can you read a book like that?" Well, it's simple. You read the prompt, proceed to do it, then look over what you did, or repeat it (if permissible). Some of the prompts that maybe is a one-time only thing, would be to write one word over and over again. The word that I chose was: again. A random word right? But, I was listening to my iPod, and the song "Again and Again" by The Bird and the Bee came up, and I thought it was "Perfect Timing", (haha, song joke, by Orba Squara). And so I wrote the word "again", again and again. But, after 10 minutes, I got bored with my pencil. So then, I got up and went on a scavenger hunt looking for colorful pens, markers, and anything else I could write with. After 15 minutes of pillaging my house for writing utensils, I went back to my sofa chair in my living room, and continued to write "again", again and again. Then after 35, 40 minutes, my 2 pages of repetitive wording was complete. I have posted up a picture for all to see. The clamps on the sides were to keep the book from closing by itself. 


    Another prompt was "Make a sudden, destructive, unpredictable movement with this journal." Since there was nothing to fill out or up, I have been doing this throughout the whole weekend, and you may see me throw this book across the room in one of our classes too. Then there was, "Climb up high, drop the journal." Which I did yesterday, first thing when I went over to my cousins' house, I sprinted to the backyard, went up the metal stairs, then peered over the side of the balcony to see if my brother and cousin had a good view of where the book was going to land. Then, 3, 2, 1, and drop! The deed was done. It was fun! But I've seen a video on YouTube, on how someone went up on the roof and did it, so I'll be looking for a 10-story building next time (:

    Some prompts that I'm looking forward too, are the ones that have to do with tying the journal. There's one where you tie a string to the journal then drag it behind you while you go on a walk, and there was one where you swing it wildly, letting it hit the walls. Sounds like so much fun, but I need a room, where I won't hit anything hung up or put against on the wall, ie pictures, bookshelves, entertainment systems, TVs, etc, etc. I might put up some videos of me wreching my journal, so stay tuned (:

    0 people say...: