CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 17, 2008

    Waste into energy. Wierd huh?

    Wheelabrator Technology Inc., a US company uses a special technology where they turn your waste into new renewable energy where you can use it to power your car and maybe your home as well. They produce steam and electricity by burning large amounts of trash and waste to make the energy that you may be using today, and probably for the past 100 years too.

    This kind of reminds me of Back to the Future (I'm not sure which one) when the scientist dude takes some of the kid's trash and puts it into a coffee pot looking thing which makes the car run. I was like, "Woah flashback!"

    I, myself am a bit skeptical because if we burn a lot of trash, sure we get rid of our trash, but what about the smoke and pollutants released from burning the trash? Do they contain it and hopefully turn it into oxygen, since it is a waste product after all, or do they just release it into the atmosphere? It's great and all that we're treasuring someone else's trash but, what about the air? This is part of the reason global warming exists! So is there another way to burn the trash? Actually, I'm a little curious as to how they make trash into energy. I wish I knew (:

    4 people say...:

    Bianca said...

    your trash into gas ! doesn't that just sound weird but cool !
    ahaha , i love back to the future !
    i remember that part and it was the second movie (:

    K. Flewelling said...

    Isn't it weird that our lives are becoming like the movies?

    The world is a crazy, crazy place... I'm not sure I like it.

    Denise[sayz.hi!!] :) said...

    Whoa! That would be awesome and all, but you have a good point. It may still pollute our air :P Haha, Back To the Future, I remember that movie..... kinda. :)

    Anjamay said...

    That also reminds me of some cartoon but I forgot what one it was... They had some kind of trash machine sucking up all of the trash... and then something happened... but I forgot what.. XD