CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 12, 2008

    Guerilla Artistry

    I, having being influenced by Keri Smith, one of the best artists out there in this big blue ball called Earth, have taken steps to become a guerilla artist.

    Basically, what it is, is like being an artist and posting up your art (i.e. sticker art, flyers, little bookmarks/good luck charms/words of wisdom in a book you borrowed from the library) in "public" places. A good example would be chalk drawings. You can put it up for anyone to see, but it can be erased, so what? It's art. And all things come to an end sooner or later. I don't know why, but I think that I am suited for this job. It sounds fun, and I can "work" whenever I want to. But, unfortunately, no one pays (not that I know of anyway), so I'm gonna put it aside as a part-time job/passion/hobby. But I think, that I might be able to do this once I reach retirement.

    I have already started: a piece of paper with a doodle and a few words of wisdom on the back, stuffed in the pages of...248 and 249 (just had to check) of my cousin's copy of Twilight. Wonder who's gonna find it, and actually going to "pass it on." Who knows, maybe one of you will eventually see my "art."

    1 people say...:

    Holly. said...

    Have you ever heard of Found Magazine?

    http://foundmagazine.com/

    It's a website of found items, some happy, some sad, some depressing, some hilarious. I think you'd really appreciate this.