CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 14, 2008

    Reading Journal for Breaking Thorugh FINALE

    The last journal entry for this book, for I have finished it. Yay! Really good book. And it's prequel wasn't so bad either. Anyways on with my thoughts...

    To me, the best part of the book was when he went to college, which was practically the end of the book. I could understand his tension between him and his father, while not really the same predicament, but me and my dad can get into disagreements sometimes. But it was cool how he got all those scholarships though. But one thing that kept me thinking was when he put place of birth, he didn't put the real one, and I thought, how would this affect him? Would they take away his money, or expell him from the school?

    The part where Panchito's dad cut off his finger was a bit of a shock to me. I mean, at one second, he's happy, then out of the blue, his younger brother comes out and says that their dad cut off his finger. I was like, Woah! That was random. But it was kind of expected as good things don't last long, and were bound to end. While his happiness of him being Class President didn't exactly end, however, the finger incident really dampened that mood.

    Then the Rotary Club. Two words: that sucked. Big time, especially for Panchito, because, I can imagine going in front of a whole bunch of people and just coming out with nothing. I remember when I went up in front of the class in 8th grade, most of the words that I said were "Erm", "Uh", or the most dreaded "..."

    That about ends the book for me. Also the above three events mentioned are out of order. Of course the ending did not happen before the Rotary Club incident or the Finger Amputation.

    0 people say...: