CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 12, 2008

    Intervieww :)

    You know how sometimes, I mention my friend Leila? (Like the last post) Well I decided to interview her for her view on immigration.

    What personal experiences have helped you develop your perspective on immigration?
    As an American citizen, it would be unfair for people who have worked hard...to become low class people, just to have someone else take this work.

    How do you feel that illegal immigrants are not/impacting your community and/or the US?
    They aren't impacting, like they aren't doing anything horrible, but it's hurting the economy because,

    they work for cheap, and instead of spending money here, they send it back to Mexico and prices go up due to a failing economy.

    Do you think immigrants should have any rights? Why or why not?
    At first, not many rights, but they do have their basic human rights given by the 1st Amendment. But, they shouldn't be able to vote or have a say in our government. Work for citizenship, then have they should be able to vote.

    How would you feel if there was no border?
    [The US] would become more chaotic, there would be more Mexicans to take money from us without

    anyone stopping them. If they immigrate legally though, that would be totally different. The border keeps everything in check.

    Do you think that the government should take more or less action on illegal immigration?
    They're already doing a lot of action, but they aren't doing it right. They could deport them, but also have better border control. They need to take action torwards controlling the border.

    What do you think about the border patrol?
    They aren't doing a great job, like they're supposed to, as many illegal immigrants are freeloading off of us. They're either not stopping them, or failing to do so.

    When you hear the phrase "jumping the border", what comes to mind?
    Illegal immigrants mainly from Mexico.

    Do you think illegal immigrants should be deported?
    Not neccesarily. I mean, they should be given a chance to clean up and try to get citizenship, but if they don't then they should get deported.

    If you were in charge of immigration in America, what would you do?
    I would set up seminars near places where illegal immigrants are located to help them try to get citizenship, but if that's no use, then deport them.

    How do you think the US would change if you let anyone immigrate without having to go through a process?
    It would be more chaotic. There wouldn't be a fair say in the government, because the only people who can vote are citizens. Illegal immigrants are like vacationers; you can't just go to another

    country and vote there. The US might actually be even run by an illegal immigrant, which would be bad, because the US is a world power.

    How would you feel if you were an illegal immigrant?
    I don't really know. I guess I would feel bad for having to freeload off these people, where I don't have the best life back in my country and I have to support my family. I would try to get citizenship, and I'd want my family to move to the US.

    Do you feel everybody is an immigrant? Why?
    Yes, everyone is an immigrant or a descendant of one, because you wouldn't be here if there was no immigration unless you're Native American

    Are you related to any immigrants? Where are they from?
    Not anymore, my great-grandma was from Poland, but she passed away.

    Do you like immigrants who come to our country?
    Yes I do, in fact, my best friend is an immigrant [from Switzerland]. I think it's cool to have immigrants here in the US, but it's bad if they come here illegally. "Don't freeload!"

    Would you have the guts to immigrate illegally?
    No, never, personally because I'd become a hypocrite and it'd just wrong because other people had to earn their way into society.

    Why do you think people immigrate illegally?
    They can't always afford to immigrate legally.

    Have you immigrated from somewhere? How old were you? What were your thoughts back then?
    No, but relatives have.

    0 people say...: