CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 16, 2009

    What to do in case of...

    For this reading journal post, I chose to do it on The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Handbook by Joshua Piven and David Borgenicht. Why? Well, it was the only thick book that I brought up with me in Palm Springs, so I figured, What the hey? ONe of the more interesting scenarios, not that they're ALL interesting, is How to Jump from a Building to a Dumpster. One of the warnings say:

    "The Dumpster may be filled with bricks or other unfriendly materials. It is entirely possible to survive a high fall (five stories or more) into a Dunpster, provided it is filled with the right type of trash (cardboard boxes are best) and you land correctly."

    Well this is interesting. I mean, I feel much safer that I now know how to jump from a tall building into a dumpster. Just think of all the times that I can use it. Hmm, but I guess i need to live in a high-rise apartment building. If I get married, I can jump into a dumpster when my mother-in-law comes to visit. Or if the building is on fire, or would the dumpster catch on fire? Well what else could be safe to land on? I know for sure not rocks or glass, feathers are okay. What about styrofoam? Its hard but it's not dense and might break under impact and sudden pressure. Old carpets? Newspapers? I wonder... The MythBusters should try this out x]]]

    0 people say...: