CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 22, 2009

    How to Sleep in Class

    Reading Journal time!!! Joy, I know x| Anyways, this is actually a sub-section under "How to Survive a Boring Class" from the same book I did it on last time, "The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook" by Joshua Piven and David Borgenicht. Why, I did it on this book, is because I don't have anything else to read, and this book it thiiiick. x] Anyways, the selected guote from my reading is:

    "Assume the Napping Position
    -Place your thumb under your chin, supporting your jaw.
    -Rest your four fingers on the side of your face.
    -balance your head on your hand, keeping it upright.
    -Place your notebook open and in front of you; hold a pen in your hand, to look as if you are ready to take notes."


    Now my comment is:

    I remember doing this, actually. It was during a tour in New York. Looking back on it now, I probably missed out on a great experience, but at the time, it seemed like it wasn't. During the tour, we were supposed to take notes. Well I already had enough notes and the tour didn't feel half-over yet. What added to the sleepyness was it was a rainy day. And I was wearing my hat AND my hoodie sooo... I Pulled my hoodie over my hat, cradled my head on my hand, balanced my binder on my lap with a pen in my hand, and looked down. Voila! Off to sleep. And I didn't even get caught. *smug face*

    But, wait! here's a question!

    What happens if you get caught? And worse, what if you get called on? I guess I have kind of a solution. Check the board real quick and scan over what's the general topic, or what the recent topic was. Then ask "What was the question again?" After the question, mumble something that sounds something like the answer to buy yourself some time. Look at the notes of people around you, which indicate that you shouldn't sit next to someone who doesn't take notes. Now after this time, you have two options. If the question isn't that heavy on your grade, it would be okay to say I don't know. Now if it is heavy, say..."I don't know." I know it's the same thing, but if it's a rare occasion that you're caught then I figure it's okay. But if this is a repeat offense, then it's down on yourself >:) Have a nice day.

    0 people say...: