CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, February 7, 2009

    Reading Jouranl for Ender's Game

    For today's reading journal, I've chosen to do it on a book I just finished a few hours ago called Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. The following post has a few spoilers in it so if you would like to read this book, I recommend for you to not read ahead. And the quote I choose to share with you is:

    "If we had kissed, it would have been the miracle to make us human in each other's lives. Instead we killed each other. But still we welcome you now as guest friends. Come into our home, daughters of Earth; dwell in our tunnels, harvest our fields; what we cannot do, you are now our hands to do for us."

    These are the words thought, yes thought, to Ender when he discovered the pupa of the unborn Bugger queen. This was after the climax ofthe story and very well near the end. Ender was the one who wiped out the Buggers, and for the Bugger queen to forgive them was just unbelieveable. I mean, the third war in which the buggers and the humans fought, led by an 11-year-pld is pretty amazing. Does this mean that when she hatches that the buggers and humans won't be fighting each other? What will they do now that the humans have inhabited their old worlds? The book was kind of long, but it kept me reading. I look forward to reading the other 6 books in the series. If I have time of course (:

    0 people say...: