CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 12, 2008

    Reading Journal!


    Today's entry is about How To Be an Explorer of the World by Keri Smith, the same person who did Wreck This Journal, which I just bought today. It's kind of like one of those prompt books that gets you writing, but only different. It's one of those books that make you listen and look and use all of the other senses in the world to "explorer the world." Each prompt is listed as an "Exploration", followed by a prompt, an alternate prompt, a picture, and a quote from someone that relates to the prompt. There are 59 prompts in total and an extra spot to record and document whatever the prompt requires. I, however, bought a journal along with this book, and I will be using that. It will also be alternately used as a public journal, one for random lists, notes, and doodles that I make. I already wrote in it, describing our "first encounter" at the book store. I like the design and I think it fits me so I bought it. 

    Anyways, I look forward to doing some of the interesting prompts of this book, which means all of them (:, and I look forward to jotting down my writings in my new journal. I think a journal's a precious thing to have, because it serves many purposes, and maybe I'll collect journals and fill them out on my own. That is, if my life ever has anything more interesting to write about that is blog material or the I have no access to the internet, be it grounding, or the death of the internet (both of which is very impossible, since I am a good child with computer access in many places :D) an there ends my book journal/journal tangent. I hope you enjoy (:

    1 people say...:

    Bianca said...

    DUDE !
    that book looks SIQQ !
    lemme borrow it one day !
    [x lol, i like weird books that no one finds , cos they're like HWAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?!
    xDD you should read it's kinda of a funny story .
    that is a good book if you like weird things, well in a good way xD this comment is really long i just noticed. I'm typing like the speed of light right now ! xDD
    DUDE ! did you know I'MA BALLER (;