CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 17, 2009

    The Diary of a Young Girl

    "I don't want to be cross, love cannot be forced."
    -Edith Frank, Anne's Mother

    If Anne's mother hadn't been so stuffy, would she'd been loved by Anne then? Even during the camps, she saved food for her children. Would Anne love her then? Is someone obliged to love their child, even if the child does not love them back?

    Out of all of what I have read so far, (which is up to Tuesday, 27 April, 1943), this quote sticks out to me because, it feels as if everyone deals with this. I myself have had my bout with my dad, preferring my mom. But of course, I still love my dad. And when I hear other people that go, "My mom's a b----!" or "My dad is such a -------" I feel a little sad. For the child, for the parent. Isn't is supposed to ban act of love, that they do the things they do? "We do it for your safety, because we care about you," you would hear the parents say. What they really mean is "Stop doing what your doing so I don't have to deal with it anymore." But if the person has a good heart, there is no under meaning. I understand that can get very annoying real fast though.

    It's odd, how restriction is an act of love. You always hear, "if you love them you would let them go." Well the problem is, if you let them go, they're going to get into some kind of trouble. But too much restriction is a bad thing, don't you think?

    0 people say...: