CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

About Me

My photo
Hello. I'm currently a high school student living in southern California. I'm not one to talk much about myself. I'll leave it to you to figure me out. Don't ask me though, I'm afraid even I don't know myself all that well yet.

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, December 2, 2008

    LoGiCal FaLlAcIeS


    Are you feeling hungry or tired? Then why don't you come down to the sea and eat a pineapple? They are rich in nutrients and eating it will make you have beautiful skin and beards and goatess and sideburns and all that other good stuff.

    BUT WAIT! I thought pineapples give you a bladder infection?!


    That's true! Don't be fooled by an apple with a 'pine' in front of it, that causes bladder infection! Eat a book instead! You'll be smarter and you will an extra toe! You will know everything that the book had. Even what was in the index and what the little crumbs in the spine came from! So what are you waiting for eat a book today! Call 1-800-555-BOOK for your free laptop and insurance consultation.
    See? Like this baby! He's on the road to a smart and a healthy bladder life!

    ------------------------------------------------

    This has been an example of a Logical Fallacy. This one is an example of Straw Man. It's when two people are arguing, and one arguer distracts the other by completely missing the point and not acknowledging the other's argument. For example, Person A says that wind turbines are expensive. Person B knows that wind turbines are expensive, but instead, he talks about how wind turbines are good for the environment and ignores the argument that wind turbines are expensive. Think about a dog that wants a bone but is distracted by a car or cat.

    0 people say...: